When teens can’t find jobs elsewhere, mom and dad do the hiring
Summer jobs for teenagers have become a precious commodity, and some parents - desperate for their kids to have work - are stepping in.
Defense cuts due to hit Mass. economy hard
The defense sector could lose 30,000 jobs because of massive military budget cuts that are set for next year, the author of a new study warned.
Mass. jobless rate falls to 6.5 percent
- The state added 8,700 jobs in March as the unemployment rate fell to 6.5 percent, well below the national rate of 8.2 percent.
EXCLUSIVE SUNDAY PREVIEW | GLOBE MAGAZINE
Putting college degrees to work
- As many as 120,000 job openings are going unfilled in this state because employers can’t find qualified applicants. Jon Marcus investigates what higher education has done wrong, and what it’s now doing to make things right.
Job openings jump to near a 3-year high
- WASHINGTON - The number of available jobs in the United States jumped in December to near a three-year high, supporting other data that show a brighter outlook for hiring.
US jobless rate lowest in 3 years
- The unemployment rate in January fell to 8.3 percent, the lowest since February 2009, as employers added 243,000 jobs, much more than expected.
Mass. jobless rate falls to 6.8%; lowest in three years
- Despite the drop in the unemployment rate, employers cut more than 6,000 jobs last month, and revised data showed they added far fewer in November than first reported.
Mass. jobless rate falls to 7%; lowest in three years
- The Massachusetts unemployment rate last month fell to its lowest point in nearly three yeas as employers added jobs for the second consecutive month, the state Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development reported today.