TELEGRAM & GAZETTE
Killer’s effects reveal possible Bish link
Items found inside the trailer of convicted killer Rodney Stanger could further link him to the unsolved 2000 murder of Molly Bish.
(T&G Staff/BETTY JENEWIN)
Youths cautiously sharing mental health histories
Young people wanting to be open about their mental health issues must carefully consider what they say publicly to protect their image as they enter the adult world.
(JOANNE RATHE/GLOBE STAFF)
'Bully': A must-see for teens, now at PG-13
- “Bully” may be better experienced as a family night out. There will be plenty to talk about afterwards.
'Bully' a powerful, shaming film
- Lee Hirsch’s documentary applies a gloss of lyricism to the ugliness of adolescent torment.
Grieving father hopes to turn loss into lesson
- Malcolm Astley, whose 18-year-old daughter was allegedly killed by her former boyfriend eight months ago, wants to raise awareness about dating violence.
Samaritans’ IMs reach out to teens in crisis
- Samaritans, the suicide-prevention organization, has launched an instant messaging service to connect with teens who seldom reach out via the telephone hot line.
Boston teens report frequent dating violence
- A majority of teens and young adults surveyed in the emergency room at Boston Medical Center reported being victims of physical or sexual dating violence, and most also reported perpetrating such violence.
The sleepover: teenagers and sex
- UMass Amherst professor Amy Schalet noticed big differences between American and Dutch teens when it came to sex. In the Netherlands, parents have a relaxed attitude and the effects are surprising.