Review: Pliny the Elder
- Thanks to a good friend, I came into some Pliny the Elder over the weekend.
Review: Samuel Adams Baltic Porter
- If you want the new baltic porter from Sam Adams, you’re going to have to go to one of the New England Patriots’ home games to get it.
Review: Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA
- Finally the so-called "black IPA" has been perfected. It figures that Stone Brewing Co. — the Escondido, Calif., maker of aggressive beers — would be the one to do it.
On tap at the Samuel Adams brewery: a marriage proposal
- Mike Pinto got down on one knee this morning and began to tell Dawn Rebollido how, since their first date eight months and four days ago, he knew she was the one.
Portland Brew Festival announced
- Any reason is a good one to get up to my former hometown of Portland, Maine, but here’s extra incentive for Labor Day weekend: the first Portland Brew Festival, happening Sept. 3-4 near the city’s Old Port district.
Review: Stone Japanese Green Tea IPA and Stone Cherry Chocolate Stout.
Review: Great Divide Belgica
- Belgica, from Great Divide Brewery in Denver, is a Belgian IPA, and it’s a particularly good one. To see just how good it is, I had one last night alongside a Houblon Chouffe, which I consider to be the style’s standard bearer as well as one of the greatest beers in the world.
Region awash in new wave of niche breweries
- Where others see barroom taps crowded with beer options, Chris Lohring sees opportunity brewing. Lohring is manufacturing and packaging two new beers, Notch Session Ale and Notch Session Pils, using equipment he leases from Ipswich Ale Brewery.