Ikea pulls plan for Somerville store
The furniture giant decided against building a store at Assembly Square following more than a decade of discussions and planning.
(ESSDRAS M SUAREZ/GLOBE STAFF/FILE 2011)
Bookstores could help bring new life to Downtown Crossing
Macy’s is opening a small bookstore section in its Downtown Crossing location, sending an encouraging message about the long-troubled retail district.
(David L. Ryan / Globe Staff)
Microsoft to open Boston store in August
The software giant, which currently has 20 retail outlets around the country, will open its first Boston store at the Prudential Center.
Shoppers using tablets spend more online
The ease and flexibility of popular hands-on tablets like Apple Inc.’s iPad and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab are ushering in a new era of online impulse buying.
(JONATHAN WIGGS/GLOBE STAFF)
Lacrosse is creating a retail splash
A growing group of young lacrosse enthusiasts, called lax bros, have cultivated a laid-back lifestyle to pair with the high-energy field sport.
Microsoft plans Boston retail store
- The company is planning to open a retail store in The Shops at Prudential Center, adding to the 15 stores the company has opened across the US since 2009.
Wegmans grocery eyeing Boston spots
- Wegmans is looking to open a supermarket in Boston and would consider a Downtown Crossing site, a company executive said today.
Walgreens plans large Downtown Crossing emporium
- The drugstore chain will convert the former Borders bookstore in Downtown Crossing into an emporium with a wide range of merchandise.
Bostonians dream big about a reborn Downtown Crossing
- After years of staring at a crater, people have plenty of ideas about what they want there, and what the neighborhood needs to rebuild and revitalize.
Internet flash sales spawn a new breed of addicted shopper
- Addiction to quick-sale websites has become a problem for some consumers, who can rack up credit card debt quickly with just a few clicks.