Gloria Negri was the first female reporter on the evening Boston Globe when she started writing for us in 1959. Today, 4,252 articles and 53 years later, the trailblazing reporter is retiring. More on her career, and an appreciation.
Longtime Boston Globe reporter Gloria Negri received the Master Reporter award from the New England Society of Newspaper Editors on Thursday night, in honor of a distinguished career that has included stints as a columnist and foreign correspondent.
TO GRAMMAR’S HOUSE
- For what seemed like forever, copy editors embraced the routine task of changing the days of the week in stories to “yesterday,” “today,” and “tomorrow.”
Globe’s paid circulation up for first time since 2004
- Sunday circulation averaged 365,512 for the six month period that ended in March, up 2.5 percent for the same period a year ago, while average daily circulation rose 2.9 percent.
Peter Gammons wrong to call out Globe reporter
- Gammons asserted that Globe reporter Bob Hohler should reveal the anonymous sources from his Red Sox collapse story.
Globe film critic Wesley Morris wins 2012 Pulitzer Prize
- Morris’s win represents the third time in the past five years, and fourth since 2001, that the Globe has won the Pulitzer for criticism.
Globe editorial page editor Canellos wins ASNE award
- The Boston Globe’s editorial page editor, Peter Canellos, has won a 2011 distinguished writing award, the American Society of News Editors announced.
‘101 Photos for Press Freedom’
- Reporters Without Borders’s photography show runs through April 22 at the Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University.
Are you a visual journalist with some serious coding chops? Are you a hacker with a passion for news, especially the data side of journalism? Do you love to craft experiences that help readers understand complicated and overwhelming amounts of information? Do you speak “journalism?”
Globe event: Visit the Globe newsroom
- The tour includes a morning news meeting where you’ll hear Globe editors plan out the day’s coverage and next day’s newspaper, followed by a Q & A with a senior editor.