Setting sights on Roomba, Sharp unveils robotic vacuum
- It looks just like iRobot’s Roomba vacuuming machine, except the new circular roaming vacuum cleaner from Sharp is trilingual, and even knows a hip humorous dialect.
iRobot turns attention to consumers
- Anticipating that its business with the US military will decline sharply, iRobot Crop. is launching a $10 million advertising campaign targeting consumers.
iRobot turns to the nuclear industry
- The Bedford company, which is seeking new markets as cuts loom at the Pentagon, is expected to announce on Monday its first sale to a domestic nuclear power plant operator.
iRobot shares plunge on predicted losses from defense cuts
- Shares of Bedford robot maker iRobot Corp. plunged more than 30 percent to close at $25.17 yesterday, after the company warned of possible losses.
Packbots explore stricken reactor
- Two robots made by iRobot Corp. of Bedford explored buildings inside Japan’s damaged nuclear reactor Sunday and sent back data that indicated radiation levels are still too high to allow human repair crews to go inside.
Bedford firm sends four robots to Japan’s rescue, recovery effort
- A week after the massive earthquake and tsunami that devastated much of Japan, a truck left the headquarters of iRobot Corp. in Bedford. Its cargo: four military robots, two of them prototypes.