Moose Calling Championship in Maine cranks up
If you haven’t heard a moose call and want to, check out the World Invitational Moose Calling Championship in Rangeley, Maine, June 22-24, hosted by the Rangeley Regions Guides and Sportmen’s Association.
'I Am a Pole (And So Can You!)' by Stephen Colbert
- The book is so deliberately bad and Colbert’s fan base is so fervent that it’s guaranteed to be a success.
(BRIAN SAMUEL/GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING)
ROFLCon brings a convention of Internet hit-makers to MIT
- The idea behind ROFLCon is an ambitious one: to bring a swath of the Internet’s pop culture players and viral celebrities together under one roof.
'Texts from Hillary' meme shows Clinton in charge
- The Internet sensation "Texts from Hillary" puts Clinton above the political fray, and coincides with headlines about her record-high approval ratings.
The Three Stooges don’t get the respect they deserve
- All great comedians are Buddhist monks in disguise. Look to the classic figures of 20th-century slapstick.
Dartmouth medical school gets a new doctor: Seuss
- Dr. Seuss, a.k.a. Theodor Geisel, was rewarded Wednesday for his donations to Dartmouth College, which renamed its medical school after his family.
How Callista Gingrich makes her hair stay still
- Callista Gingrich doesn’t have a hair out of place. Can I achieve this?
Cubs fan pranks Red Sox
- Type in the URL jetbluepark.com and you’ll be redirected to the web site of the New York Yankees.
Patrice O’Neal signs off
- Today is a bittersweet day for Patrice O’Neal fans. It’s the day the Roxbury native’s first album, “Mr. P,” comes out. On Oct. 19, the comic suffered a debilitating stroke. A month later, on Nov. 29, he died at 41.
(FREDERICK M. BROWN/GETTY IMAGES)
TomTom adds voices of Mr. Burns, Marge Simpson to GPS service
- According to a company release, Springfield Nuclear Power Plant owner Mr. Burns is “as bold and direct as one would expect.” Example: “Take the third right. Do it, driving monkey!”