Racist reaction to finale tarnishes Bruins run
- Bruins fans and others swapped racist comments on social media after a black forward for the Washington Capitals scored the decisive goal in overtime of Game 7.
(CHARLES KRUPA/ASSOCIATED PRESS)
Racist messages on Twitter follow Capitals’ goal
- Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward was the hero of Wednesday night’s Game 7 of the Capitals-Bruins NHL playoff series, but his shining moment was followed by racial epithets posted to Twitter in the hours after the game.
Season comes to a sudden end for champion Bruins
- The Spoked-Bs were sent home Wednesday night, losing Game 7 of their first-round series to the upstart Washington Capitals in front of a stunned TD Garden sellout crowd.
Game 7 experience helps Tim Thomas
- In a lot of ways, the euphoric alls and the cruel nothings of Game 7s are all Bruins goalie Tim Thomas has ever known.
Bruins need all four lines producing
- The Bruins’ most recent Game 7, last year in the Stanley Cup Finals, serves as a reminder of how everybody plays a role when great things happen in the playoffs.
Language is no barrier for the Bruins
- The Bruins have a multinational roster of players who speak nine languages, led by captain Zdeno Chara, who is fluent in six — and learning Italian.
Bruins enjoy rest day in Washington
- The Bruins and Capitals are awaiting whether Nicklas Backstrom will be disciplined for his match penalty at the end of Game 3.
NHL PLAYOFFS: GAME 1 | BRUINS 1, CAPITALS 0 IN OT
Bruins win playoff opener
- Chris Kelly ripped a slap shot over rookie goalie Braden Holtby at 1:18 of overtime to give the Bruins a 1-0 Game 1 win at TD Garden.
BU to probe hockey culture after assault charges
- Boston University is launching an investigation of the campus culture around its ice hockey team in the wake of two players’ recent arrests on charges of sexual assault.
BU hockey team needs to change its jock culture
- The sexual assault allegations against two Boston University hockey players may not be a coincidence but rather a disturbing indication of a culture run amok.