Susie Middleton makes vegetables the centerpiece of the meal
There’s something immensely satisfying about making a meal out of nothing more than what you bought from a farmers’ market.
Jennifer Trainer Thompson raised chickens, writes about eggs
- Each spring brings another flock of backyard chicken books. Sometimes they’re how-to’s, or memoirs, but there’s usually at least one cookbook.
Group prepares dishes from books they discuss
- The book group shares a meal that evolves into a culinary celebration of whatever book is on the group’s agenda, with dishes that reflect the culture and characters.
Scroll through ‘pages’ of a cookbook with your fingertip
- For all those who favor electronic devices over frayed cookbooks and clippings, download the Globe’s new “Sunday Supper & More" e-book.
The joy of looking
- There was a time when cookbooks were for cooking. Now “cookability” seems to be taking a back seat to entertainment value.
Memo from celebrity chefs: Embrace your own kitchen
- By spreading the simple message of eating good food at home, the season’s newest cookbooks bring a bit of activism to the table.