Another challenge for K-cup maker Green Mountain
Shares of Green Mountain have tumbled as investors worry about expiring patents on the K-Cup single-serving pod and other issues clouding the company’s future.
Will coffee help you live longer? New study hardly conclusive
- A recent study found a very modest association between drinking coffee and a longer lifespan. But don’t change your coffee consumption based on these findings.
EXCLUSIVE SUNDAY PREVIEW | GLOBE MAGAZINE’S FOOD ISSUE
45 best breakfast joints around Boston
- From homey to haute, here is where to go for the Most Important Meal of the Day.
Bug extracts in Starbucks drinks?
- Starbucks is under fire this week for revealing that its Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino and strawberry-flavored smoothies contain cochineal extract — a red dye made out of dried, crushed, female cochineal beetles.
The eminence grise of coffee opens a cafe
- In 1975, George Howell put Greater Boston at the forefront of US coffee thinking (and drinking), - where it remained for the next 20 years.
(DOUG SPARKS FOR THE BOSTON GLOBE)
In weak economy, buying coffee is a small reward
- An informal survey, polling commuters around Greater Boston, suggests that coffee drinkers are unwilling to starve the habit that gets them going.
Dunkin’s original flavor is back
- All that’s really missing is the 10-cent cup of coffee. The original Dunkin’ Donuts on Southern Artery in Quincy got an unusual makeover - one that restored the look and feel of the restaurant to what it was when it opened in 1950.
Slow down and smell the coffee at Render in the South End
- Render Coffee, a new independent coffee shop, opened last month and there’s a nod to just about every current trend on the Boston coffee scene here.