30 years after massacre, family comes together again
- Thanks to DNA testing, a Framingham man whose family was slaughtered at the height of the civil war in Guatemala was reunited with his biological father.
Sierra Leone: 10 years after Civil War
- After 10 years of civil war, Sierra Leone is at peace. The eleven-year conflict (from 1991-2002) left more than 50,000 dead and was marked by unprovoked violence - especially the amputation of limbs.
(28 photos total)
Lost gravesite of Civil War hero found
- While a number of people have searched for years for the grave of Raynham Civil War soldier Frederick C. Anderson, a Pawtucket, R.I., man found it in just six months.
Restoring cornerstone of Hub’s black history
- The African Meeting House embodied the spirit of the black community. Concerts, sermons, education, and political organizing occurred within its walls. It was the place where educators first fought against segregated schools, abolitionists planned assaults on slavery, and protests were held in the wake of the Fugitive Slave Act - all before the start of the Civil War.
Mass. soldier’s scion stakes claim for his Civil War due
- The great-great-grandson of David White believes White was the true captor of Robert E. Lee’s son, and deserves the Medal of Honor.
Jay Jones should know. His family company made a drum for Abraham Lincoln’s campaign and a drum kit for Phil Collins. They keep drumming up business
10 Boston lives tell the tale of the Civil War: A multimedia library exhibit takes personal route to history.