‘Bully’: A must-see for teens, now at PG-13
- “Bully” may be better experienced as a family night out. There will be plenty to talk about afterwards.
Tooth Fairy economics
- A shiny quarter won’t cut it. Now kids average more than $2 for a baby tooth, some far more. (ISTOCK)
Obesity rates down for infants, toddlers in Mass.
- After a three-decade tripling in childhood obesity rates, the trend has leveled off and, for the first time, appears to be on a decline among infants and preschoolers, according to a study.
EXCLUSIVE SUNDAY PREVIEW | GLOBE MAGAZINE
144 free things to do around Boston
The Boston area has much to offer - from museums to kayaking, doing the tango, hearing The Pointer Sisters, or walking the Freedom Trail - and it’s all free.
From one dog, comfort and joy for an entire family
- Recently there was a beautiful article, “Wonder Dog,” in The New York Times Magazine about an emotionally troubled boy who was helped by a devoted dog. I thought about this story this past week when my beloved dog, a lab-border collie mix who we adopted nine years ago at the age of 2, died rather suddenly.
(FILE: Vadim Ghirda/AP)
Should overweight kids be put on a diet?
- With one in six children now qualifying as obese, many parents are informed by pediatricians that they have to do something about their child’s weight. (ISTOCKPHOTO)
Autism rate soars to 1 in 88 US children
- A new study by the CDC shows the number of children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder has jumped by 23 percent in two years.
(PHOTO: Kim Mimnaugh)
Prosecutor: Mother planned suicide after attack on children
- Tanicia Goodwin, 25, who is accused of slashing the throats of her two children, allegedly told police, “I am not supposed to be alive.”