Kendrick Perkins’s familiar scowl back in NBA Finals
The former Celtics fan favorite has brought defense, rebounding, and toughness to the Thunder, as well as championship experience.
(SUE OGROCKI/ASSOCIATED PRESS)
GAME 7 | HEAT 101, CELTICS 88
Celtics bow out to Heat in Game 7
Boston and the Big Three went down fighting, their improbable, overachieving playoff run ended with a 101-88 loss to the Miami Heat.
GAME 5 | CELTICS 94, HEAT 90
Celtics win Game 5, push Heat to brink
The Celtics took a 94-90 victory and the lead in the series with a chance to close things out in Game 6 at TD Garden Thursday night.
Celtics have made it a series with Heat
After Game 2, I was satisfied the Celtics had done themselves proud with their effort. But now, they’re just two games from the NBA Finals.
GAME 4 | CELTICS 93, HEAT 91
Celtics beat the Heat, even series
The Celtics were resourceful enough to put together a 93-91 overtime victory in Game 4 at TD Garden and tie the Eastern Conference finals, 2-2.
GAME 2: HEAT 115, CELTICS 111 | OT
Celtics improve, but can’t beat Heat in Game 2
- Rajon Rondo had 44 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds, but the Celtics will take a two-game disadvantage into Friday’s Game 3 in Boston.
76ERS 82, CELTICS 75
Celtics can’t finish off Sixers
- The Celtics shot poorly but somehow stayed in contention until the final minutes. Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals is Saturday.
FROM THE ARCHIVES | PHOTOS
Celtics in the NBA playoffs
- This selection from our archives looks back at the 1960s and 1970s, when Celtics championships seemed as expected as snow in December or fireworks on the Fourth of July.
Pierce gives Celtics a game for the ages
- When history examines Celtics playoff performances, Pierce’s output in Game 2 against the Hawks will stand out as one of the best.
(KEVIN C. COX/GETTY IMAGES)
David Stern: Rajon Rondo ‘obviously bumped’ official
- The NBA commissioner said it was clear to him the Celtics guard’s contact with referee Marc Davis wasn’t incidental in Sunday night’s game.