A design firm’s mockup for a 450-square-foot apartment in a Seaport District building now under construction.
Jamaica Plain’s Jackson Square - its moment has arrived
- The construction of a 103-unit apartment building signals the triumph of community development in Jackson Square and its return to being a real place.
OPINION | PAUL MCMORROW
Massachusetts housing crisis continues
- Housing prices will skyrocket because the state hasn’t come close to building the number of homes and apartments that residents need.
Tight market for Boston apartment hunters
- Rents in the Boston area hit record highs in the last quarter of 2011, pushed up by increased demand and declining inventory.
6 important tips for renters
- After the collapse of the housing bubble, the number of renters has increased nationwide. Landlords and renting companies are stricter with renting policies. Renters may face more competition for vacancies and higher rents. Here’s what you need to know if you’re a renter.
Rents hit a record high in Hub area
- Boston-area rents are hitting new heights - with the median price recently reaching $1,665 a month - as the vacancy rate falls to the lowest level in almost a decade, new data show.
Historic Chinatown building, once an adult theater, will be reborn as housing
- A long-empty historic building in the former Combat Zone adult entertainment district will soon see new life as apartments intended for hip downtown residents.