Cost of flying from Boston up 7 percent over last summer
From Logan International Airport, the average ticket price in July is $397, below the national average of $418, according to Hotwire.
(ESSDRAS M SUAREZ/GLOBE STAFF)
Future of high-speed travel is air, not rail
By changing the way we charge airlines to use airports, we can get a lot more travel out of the infrastructure we already have.
Good is my copilot
- The recent pilot scare on a JetBlue flight is a reminder that redundancy means safety.
(ISTOCKPHOTO/ H. HOPP-BRUCE/ GLOBE STAFF ILLUSTRATION)
New airline regulations starting tomorrow
- A new slate of consumer protection rules for airline passengers will go into effect on Tuesday, and a second wave of regulations will come two days later. Check out how the changes will impact you — in a good way.
American Airlines bankruptcy could lead to holiday deals
- American Airlines’ parent company filed for bankruptcy this morning as it tries to cut costs and unload debt following years of high fuel costs and labor struggles.
At new lounges, fliers wait in style
- As airlines seek ways to generate revenue, many of them are remodeling their lounges to appeal to passengers who pay top dollar for tickets.
It’s not too late to get a deal on a holiday flight
- Haven’t booked your holiday flight yet? Smart move. The cheapest fares for Thanksgiving and Christmas aren’t going to the travelers who booked months in advance. Specialists say they’ll go to those who can take advantage of some last-minute deals.
Airlines change terminals at Logan Airport
- Call it the airport shuffle. As Southwest takes over AirTran, United and Continental merge, JetBlue expands in Boston, and American shrinks operations here, Logan International Airport is embarking on a massive juggling act.