With no snow, golf courses spring to life early
- The warmer winter temperatures have impacted how area golf courses are looking and playing this spring.
Prepare for early allergy season
- With record high temperatures in Boston this winter, trees are blooming earlier than normal, and that means earlier spring allergies.
THE BIG PICTURE
Signs of Spring: 2012
- Seemingly strange weather patterns continue to break high temperature records and beckon to those weary of the indoors to venture outside to soak up the sun. (45 photos total)
Another warm-weather record could fall
- Temperatures could hit 72 degrees in Boston today which would eclipse the previous reccord high of 69 degrees for this date set back in 1902.
Got spring fever? Garden show plants new ideas
- It’s that time again, when the first stirrings of spring get some of us all flushed and feverish and dreaming about planting things.
THE BIG PICTURE
Lathmar Holi festival
- Traditionally a rite that celebrates the coming of spring, Holi is marked by joyous participants throwing colored water and powder. In northern Uttar Pradesh, “Lathmar Holi” is celebrated before Holi itself, and while it is a rite of spring there as well, the festival also features another layer of fun rooted in Hindu mythology. (23 photos total)
Swans return to the Public Garden
- Hundreds of people watched yesterday as a pair of swans were released into the Lagoon at the Boston Public Garden.
Weekly health challenge: make your home healthier
- Take a few steps to make your home healthier by switching to non toxic cleaning products and laundry detergent. And take steps to reduce mold. See the Be Well Boston video for tips.
Time to skip an hour and spring your clock forward
—It’s time for a traditional rite of spring, setting the clocks forward for daylight saving time.