Honk! Festival in Somerville
- The sixth annual Honk! Festival was held in Somerville from Sept. 30 - Oct. 3. This “Festival of Activist Street Bands” could be seen - and heard - parading through Davis Square during the weekend. (21 photos)
Posh new Somerville digs sell quickly
- After seven years of talk and labor, the residential development at the former MaxPac factory site is finally becoming reality.
Somerville officials smiling over happiness survey
- And the survey says … 7.5. On a scale of 1 to 10, that’s how happy almost 7,000 Somerville residents were this winter when they took the city’s survey on well-being, the first-ever happiness survey by a US city, officials claim.
Wal-Mart to debut Market grocery store in Somerville
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is opening its first Market grocery store in the Northeast in Somerville, becoming the latest - and biggest - new competitor to try to shake up the once-staid supermarket scene in New England.
Somerville rolling out space for skateboarders
- Starting this fall, Somerville’s rollerbladers and skateboarders will be able to practice in a park, saving, perhaps, the railings at the high school.
Major bridge work on I-93 in Medford begins this weekend
- Traffic on the highway between Stoneham and Somerville will be rerouted tonight, kicking off a traffic plan that will be used on weekends this summer while 14 bridges on Interstate 93 north of Boston are replaced, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation said.
Possible poisoning victim ID’d as Somerville comics store owner
- James Welborn, proprietor of Somerville’s “comic shop for NPR listeners,” died May 23 at Massachusetts General Hospital. He was 37, store manager Jesse Farrell said.
Scenes from Somerville PorchFest 2011
- If you were strolling around Somerville Saturday afternoon, chances are you heard the sweet and maybe strange sounds of more than 75 musicians and bands played al fresco in the city’s first PorchFest.
Somerville officials seek the secrets to happiness
- When they filled out the city’s census forms this spring, the people of Somerville got a new question. On a scale of 1 to 10, they were asked, “How happy do you feel right now?”
Pols battle in Somerville/Cambridge Smackdown on WGBH
- After saying Somerville has a short list of not-that-interesting places, Cambridge City Councilor Ken Reeves squared off against Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone in a radio war of words on WGBH Monday.