After hostage release, Kerry and Brown compete for credit
John Kerry and Scott Brown both worked for the release of the hostages, among them a pastor from Dorchester, but Brown was in contact with family members before Kerry was, showing his instinct for retail politics.
Brown raises his most in a quarter
Senator Scott Brown raised about $5 million between April and June. Democratic rival Elizabeth Warren collected $8.67 million.
(AP Photo/ File)
Scott Brown makes new push for ‘Stolen Valor Act’
After the Supreme Court struck down a similar law, Senator Brown is pushing for legislation that would criminalize people who misrepresent themselves as military heroes.
(ESSDRAS M SUAREZ/ GLOBE STAFF/FILE)
A Boston minister challenges Brown, Warren to focus on poverty
As the Rev. Eugene Rivers sees it, “a bipartisan conspiracy of silence about race and poverty” permeates American politics.
(GLOBE STAFF ILLUSTRATION; ISTOCK; FILE, AND AP PHOTOS)
Warren says she told Harvard, Penn of heritage
- The Democratic Senate candidate acknowledged for the first time that she told the schools she was Native American, but she insisted race played no role in her recruitment.
A miserable start to Mass. Senate race
- In this surprisingly slippery, occasionally slimy, and deeply unsatisfying Senate race, both Elizabeth Warren and Scott Brown need to step it up in terms of integrity and authenticity.
Candidates wary as opposition cameras roll
- Video trackers have been used for at least 16 years in Mass., and the contest between Senator Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren is no exception.
(GREG M. COOPER FOR THE BOSTON GLOBE)
Brown calls on Warren to release her Harvard records
- With Elizabeth Warren facing questions over her Native American identity, Sen. Scott Brown called on his Democratic rival to agree to the release of her applications.
Elizabeth Warren had key role in asbestos court case
- In a 2009 Supreme Court appearance, Elizabeth Warren, who has gained fame for defending consumers against big business, worked on behalf of Travelers, the nation’s largest insurer.
Law directories listed Warren as minority
- US Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren was listed as a minority professor in American law school directories years before she landed at Harvard Law School.