What a 5-year-old’s request says about Obama’s race role
- An enduring White House photo shows a black boy touching the president’s hair to see if it feels like his.
Auction claims it’s selling vial with Reagan blood
- A Channel Islands auction house says it’s selling a vial that allegedly contains blood residue from Ronald Reagan - a move denounced Tuesday by the late U.S. president’s family and his foundation.
OPINION | JAMES CARROLL
Eisenhower memorial overstates president’s innocence
- The design for Dwight D. Eisenhower’s memorial exhibits the very American impulse to elevate the image of innocence over experience.
Obama donations fall short of ‘08
- A Globe analysis shows contributions to President Obama and the Democratic National Committee combined were down 30 percent last month compared with January four years ago.
STATE OF THE UNION
Obama wants higher taxes on rich, incentives for jobs
- President Obama used his State of the Union address last night to pledge that the tools of government would be used to rescue the middle class and restore tax fairness.