Gino Cappelletti leaving Patriots’ radio booth
Cappelletti, known as “Mr. Patriot,” is retiring after 32 years as an analyst. Scott Zolak is expected to succeed him.
(MATTHEW J. LEE/GLOBE STAFF)
Rob Gronkowski makes cover of ESPN’s ‘body issue’
Call it The Full Gronkowski. The extremely scantily-clad Patriots tight end, wearing only Hulk hands and a grimace, made the cover of ESPN The Magazine’s “body issue” that will hit newsstands on Friday.
Report: Wes Welker and friends tackled by security at Aspen party
Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker was celebrating his upcoming wedding in Aspen, Colo. this weekend when his group tried to crash a party associated with the Aspen Food & Wine Classic, according to a New York Post report.
Report: Family to allow study of Seau’s brain
- According to the LA Times, Junior Seau’s family has decided to allow researchers to study his brain in search of a degenerative condition linked to concussions. (WINSLOW TOWNSON/ASSOCIATED PRESS/FILE)
Reports: Former Patriots linebacker Junior Seau dead
- Football player Junior Seau was found dead in his home, according to a report from TMZ.
Could Tim Tebow wind up with the Patriots?
- According to a tweet by ESPN’s Louise Cornetta over the weekend, John Clayton reportedly said on ESPN radio over the weekend that if the Denver Broncos sign quarterback Peyton Manning that “the rumor circulating” is that the Broncos would then trade quarterback Tim Tebow to the Patriots.
NFL opener will be on a Wednesday to avoid conflict
- Powerful as the NFL is, it’s making way for President Obama and the Democratic National Convention.
Despite Gisele’s comments, Patriots say no finger-pointing
- Tom Brady’s wife was caught on camera complaining about dropped passes in the Super Bowl, but Patriots players say they will only accept blame as a unit.
Patriots greeted by devoted fans at Gillette
- Despite the Super Bowl loss, more than 200 fans erupted in cheers when the Patriots pulled into Gillette Stadium this afternoon on six team buses.