Agents swarm reputed mobster’s home for possible art heist link
- Law enforcement and the media have descended on a Manchester, Conn., house where officials are digging into the yard of Robert Gentile, a reputed mobster who federal officials allege has information about the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum art theft.
Gardner’s new hall is star of show
- A gala concert last night offered a select group a first look at, and a first listen to, Calderwood Hall, the elegant and smartly designed 296-seat venue that will be the epicenter of the Gardner’s musical activities.
Gardner Museum offers first look at major renovation
- Today, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum unveils its $118 million expansion and renovation project to the media, sparking a busy week of star-studded affairs.
Sweet sounds coming to the Gardner Museum
- It was a big day in the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum’s $118 million expansion, designed by Renzo Piano. Yesterday, the museum’s resident chamber orchestra, A Far Cry, had its first chance to test the 300-seat Calderwood Music Hall.
Gardner Museum to close as it prepares to open new wing
- The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum will close for nine weeks, starting Nov. 15, as the museum readies its new wing for a January opening.