Public’s aid sought in ‘90 Gardner Museum heist
Federal officials investigating the 1990 art theft plan to launch a public awareness campaign similar to the one that led to the arrest of James “Whitey” Bulger.
(ISABELLA STEWART GARDNER MUSEUM)
Agents swarm reputed mobster’s home for possible art heist link
- Law enforcement and the media have descended on a Manchester, Conn., house where officials are digging into the yard of Robert Gentile, a reputed mobster who federal officials allege has information about the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum art theft.
Gardner’s narrative of resiliency
- The Gardner Museum’s new wing is a way for an increasingly popular museum to update for the future. It is also a way for the museum to get over the past.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum opens to the public
- The first visitors were ushered in at 11 a.m. after a ribbon-cutting attended by Mayor Thomas Menino and cultural leaders, artists, and Gardner supporters.
Gardner’s new hall is star of show
- A gala concert last night offered a select group a first look at, and a first listen to, Calderwood Hall, the elegant and smartly designed 296-seat venue that will be the epicenter of the Gardner’s musical activities.
Gardner shows off its graceful update
- When leaders of the 109-year-old Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum unveiled its $114 million addition yesterday, they did so with an eye toward the past.
Gardner Museum offers first look at major renovation
- Today, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum unveils its $118 million expansion and renovation project to the media, sparking a busy week of star-studded affairs.
Gardner Museum to close as it prepares to open new wing
- The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum will close for nine weeks, starting Nov. 15, as the museum readies its new wing for a January opening.