Harvard, MIT in $60m online partnership
- The universities will offer free online courses under the superbrand “edX,” making them major players in the burgeoning online education sector.
EXCLUSIVE SUNDAY PREVIEW | GLOBE MAGAZINE
144 free things to do around Boston
The Boston area has much to offer - from museums to kayaking, doing the tango, hearing The Pointer Sisters, or walking the Freedom Trail - and it’s all free.
Friendly’s plans Fribble freebie
- The good news: Friendly’s Ice Cream, the Wilbraham-based family restaurant chain known for its ice cream, plans to have a Fribble freebie tomorrow and give away its “signature” milk shake as a way of saying thanks to its loyal customers.
Retailers’ strategy - free, if need be
- Retailers are so desperate this holiday season that they are willing to lose money to get you to spend yours.
A free scoop of Ben & Jerry’s is just a tweet away
- Ben & Jerry’s, the righteous ice cream brand with Vermont roots, said it has dispatched one of its scoop trucks to the Boston area, where it will give away free samples for most of the month.
Craving some classical? How about a little alfresco entertainment? Look no further. Catch the Boston Landmarks Orchestra tonight at 7 p.m. for a free performance titled “Heavenly Mozart,” led by conductor Christopher Wilkins. Can’t make it tonight? Don’t worry. The BLO is performing for free at the Hatch Shell on Wednesday nights all summer long.
Ben & Jerry’s is giving away free ice cream cones
- To celebrate 33 years of dishing up dessert, Ben & Jerry’s scoop shops are poised to give away free cones today from noon to 8 p.m., the company said.
(The ice cream cone photo that appears with this post is a company handout.)
Cumberland Farms unveils free coffee promo
- Call it Joe Friday —- or maybe the caffeine equivalent of March Madness: Either way, the Framingham-based convenience store chain Cumberland Farms said it will be giving away free cups of its Farmhouse Blend coffee for the next three March Fridays.
A madcap quest for ‘free’
- The local guru of the couponing craze wonders at times what she’s wrought.
Free Kindles for All - Maybe!
- Year on year, Amazon’s Kindle keeps getting cheaper and cheaper - exactly the kind of progression that gets tech writers talking about how it’ll eventually be free.