Antiracism rally cites hockey tweets
- Two days after an outpouring of racist tweets followed a Bruins game, an annual rally against racism in downtown Boston took on stronger purpose.
Racist reaction to finale tarnishes Bruins run
- Bruins fans and others swapped racist comments on social media after a black forward for the Washington Capitals scored the decisive goal in overtime of Game 7.
(CHARLES KRUPA/ASSOCIATED PRESS)
Racist messages on Twitter follow Capitals’ goal
- Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward was the hero of Wednesday night’s Game 7 of the Capitals-Bruins NHL playoff series, but his shining moment was followed by racial epithets posted to Twitter in the hours after the game.
Season comes to a sudden end for champion Bruins
- The Spoked-Bs were sent home Wednesday night, losing Game 7 of their first-round series to the upstart Washington Capitals in front of a stunned TD Garden sellout crowd.
Game 7 experience helps Tim Thomas
- In a lot of ways, the euphoric alls and the cruel nothings of Game 7s are all Bruins goalie Tim Thomas has ever known.
Bruins need all four lines producing
- The Bruins’ most recent Game 7, last year in the Stanley Cup Finals, serves as a reminder of how everybody plays a role when great things happen in the playoffs.
Language is no barrier for the Bruins
- The Bruins have a multinational roster of players who speak nine languages, led by captain Zdeno Chara, who is fluent in six — and learning Italian.
Bruins enjoy rest day in Washington
- The Bruins and Capitals are awaiting whether Nicklas Backstrom will be disciplined for his match penalty at the end of Game 3.
NHL PLAYOFFS: GAME 1 | BRUINS 1, CAPITALS 0 IN OT
Bruins win playoff opener
- Chris Kelly ripped a slap shot over rookie goalie Braden Holtby at 1:18 of overtime to give the Bruins a 1-0 Game 1 win at TD Garden.