Rubblebucket brings sound, spectacle to the party
- The idiosyncratic eight-piece band has fused its own fashion of heady dance-pop that somehow just works.
(PETER DEAN RICKARDS)
Amanda Palmer, DJ Spooky help Rethink Music
- There were a few notables at the Rethink Music speakers’ dinner hosted at the Harvard Club by the Berklee College of Music the other night. Having a nosh were Amy Heidemann, DJ Spooky and Amanda Palmer.
Berklee College of Music becomes a YouTube star
- On Monday, Google named Berklee as one of nine “YouTube ambassadors,” organizations that have been particularly effective at using the site to reach new customers.
Rules on lighting up on area college campuses vary
- Several Harvard College groups are weighing whether to institute a campus-wide smoke-free policy, potentially starting with Harvard Yard. Here’s a look at smoking policies at other selected area schools.
Clinton, P-Funk celebrated by Berklee students, faculty
- Berklee College of Music awarded George Clinton an honorary doctorate last night and celebrated his music with a performance by the school’s P-Funk Ensemble.
George Clinton gets to the bottom of funk with Berklee students
- He started in doo-wop, then went psychedelic, and he is still at it, delivering at age 70 on a busy tour schedule with his P-Funk All-Stars. He is in town to accept an honorary doctor of music degree.
Mass. Ave McDonald’s closes, making way for new Berklee buildings
- The golden arches are gone at the McDonald’s at the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Belvidere Street. The restaurant shut last week, paving the way for Berklee College of Music’s planned expansion.