Big wins, big losses at 54th Grammy Awards
- With Whitney Houston’s shocking death the day before fresh in everyone’s minds, last night’s 54th Grammy Awards struck a mood both celebratory and somber.
Why does ‘Someone Like You’ make people cry?
- The Grammy for best pop solo performance will be announced Sunday. But even if Adele’s heart-wrenching hit doesn’t win, it still wears an unofficial crown: “Tearjerker of the Year.”
Adele is on the mend after vocal surgery
- Pop singer Adele has had surgery to stop a vocal cord hemorrhage that forced the singer to cancel her upcoming U.S. and U.K. tour dates.
Adele’s ailment is a note of caution
- She’s 23, the hottest singer on the planet, and about to have a leading Boston laryngeal surgeon repair the hemorrhaging in her throat that forced her to cancel her North American tour.
Singer Adele spotted in Boston
- British singer Adele, who announced late last week that she’d be canceling the rest of her 2011 performances to have surgery on her vocal cords, was spotted at Red Lantern on Stanhope Street with a few companions over the weekend.